2020 SEASON OFFICIAL MEGATHREAD

General discussion about the league.

Re: 2020 SEASON OFFICIAL MEGATHREAD

Postby Eric - Archers GM » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:21 am

kvm wrote:First time in all of OBA and OBWL history that I must admit: If I were the owner of the Demons, I would fire me.
0-10 now, geez. We truly are THE disappointment of the year.

Ehh, fans in Denver are probably too laid back though... must be the marijuana. :D Granted, Bronco fans did get a little hopped up on the win juice.

Now fans in Philly? Those guys are pretty insufferable complainers on general principle - even when their team is winning.

Same with Jersey too IMO. Though I've only had to deal with Nets fans so maybe the others are fine.
Eric Stelle
Anaheim Archers GM

---------------------------
"A) Do good work.
B) Follow the prescribed guidelines.
C) ???
D) Profit!"

-Ben Johnson
Eric - Archers GM

Postby kvm » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:27 am

I still would fire me, even when 6 losses out of our 0-10 streak were in single digits. Well, waiting for next year. This one is just about playing to an uggly end with some decency.
Klaus von Meyerinck
Denver's biggest Demon
kvm

Postby blackjacksgm » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:21 pm

L-Train out with a broken arm. Ouch.
Adam
blackjacksgm

Postby Reid - Invaders GM » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:10 am

Just downloaded the last sim and our cohesion flipped to GREAT.

Maybe I shouldnt have made a deadline deal. o.O
Matthew Reid
Indiana Invaders GM

"Reid, I don't know why they hate us... it is our ladies? or cause we drive Mercedes?" - Matt Hatfield
"transactions during the All-Star break?"
"nooooo not butterfield"
[QUOTE=]I am just glad my wife doesn't follow the Knights and their performance because she would have left me too." [QUOTE=Bogart]
Reid - Invaders GM

Postby Eric - Archers GM » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:30 am

Reid - Invaders GM wrote:Just downloaded the last sim and our cohesion flipped to GREAT.

Yep, mine ticked up too. So, in theory, if a team did everything it could to be cohesive, you could see two upticks within a season? I'll have to watch a bit closer.
Eric Stelle
Anaheim Archers GM

"A) Do good work.
C) ???
D) Profit!"

-Ben Johnson
Eric - Archers GM

Postby Reid - Invaders GM » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:46 am

Eric - Archers GM wrote:
Reid - Invaders GM wrote:Just downloaded the last sim and our cohesion flipped to GREAT.

Yep, mine ticked up too. So, in theory, if a team did everything it could to be cohesive, you could see two upticks within a season? I'll have to watch a bit closer.

Still great after the Buyer trade so that's a nice bonus i wasn't expecting.
Matthew Reid
Indiana Invaders GM

"Reid, I don't know why they hate us... it is our ladies? or cause we drive Mercedes?" - Matt Hatfield
"nooooo not butterfield"
[QUOTE=]I am just glad my wife doesn't follow the Knights and their performance because she would have left me too." [QUOTE=Bogart]
Reid - Invaders GM

Postby Eric - Archers GM » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:48 am

Also, I think this FBB3 sim has gained sentience and is monitoring the forums. It's only a matter of time before it gains access to the nuclear launch codes.

How else could it be that a much beleaguered Storm team (which has recently taken heat for not only their record but a deal for Daren Keyes) goes into Boston and hangs an L on the Buzzards with the affore mentioned Keyes going for 29 pts (10-16 from the floor, 4-5 from three and 506 from the line), 5 reb, 3 ast, with 2 blk even. I mean he'd been struggling but it has to be this game where he regresses back to the average and dumps in a season high? I can't even...

I'm pretty sure I'll be seeing terminators coming for me soon.
Eric Stelle
Anaheim Archers GM

"A) Do good work.
C) ???
D) Profit!"

-Ben Johnson
Eric - Archers GM

Postby kvm » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:04 pm

Close ones. Narrow loss against Coyotes, narrow win over Stallions that ended an 0-11 streak. But more important, there's some improvement in the way the team plays. Brawner did not shoot as much as before and that did him good, Malone still is hitting better than his reputation suggests and Fore went a combined 31.0 ppg. If this continues, I can live with the losses that will keep coming. I just had the feeling that this time we did not get outplayed completely like some times before. But it was just a two game set...
Klaus von Meyerinck
Denver's biggest Demon
kvm

Postby Jay » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:08 pm

1-1 without Buyer, including a win on the road in Portland, where Stanley Bobo (22 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists in 36 minutes) carried us, after there were five fouls each from Graves (in 38 minutes), Newton (15 minutes), and Bruder (14 minutes). I'm not expecting to be any better, but I am excited to see how we play with all the new faces, and increased minutes for the young guys during this last stretch.
Jay Amado
Philadelphia Americans GM
Jay

Postby Reid - Invaders GM » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:54 pm

@Chaos, down by 11 with 4:59 left... and won.
Matthew Reid
Indiana Invaders GM

"nooooo not butterfield"
Reid - Invaders GM

PreviousNext

Return to OBWL Talk