2020 Midseason Gut Check

General discussion about the league.

Re: 2020 Midseason Gut Check

Postby nick-tbirdsgm » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:15 am

Tritons will...
Have the best record at the end of the regular season but they will get upset in the AmCon Finals.

Surprise team so far
Everyone is saying the Inferno, which I get, but the Coyotes are playing well in a tough division.

Surprise player so far
James Nichol has upped his game this season.

Disappointing team so far
The Demons have more talent than their record shows.

Disappointing player so far
Most people, including myself, thought Bahena would take the Sharks to the next level. He had a disappointing start to the season but then seemed to be turning things around right before the injury. It still will be interesting to see how he will fit in with Spoo and QB.

Flowers vs Dong vs Val, who do you build your franchise around?
Flowers is a once in a generation player. I would pick Dong over Crumley if he was better at blocking, but at less than half a block a game, I would take Crumley over him.

Past 3 top picks, Severin Sauter vs Timothy Adler vs Hobert Frisby, who do you want?
I would take Adler first. He is going to grow into more of the type of player I like at the SG/SF position than I like Frisby at the PG position. Frisby only has a 2.05 A/T ration and based on his passing skills it probably won't get any better. At only 6'0, you can't play him at SG.

Prince really got screwed having the top pick in sauter's draft class. The class was weak anyway, but no one really knew what to expect from rookies in FBB and how their potential could play out.

How about that 2017 Draft Class (Crumley, Flowers, Dong, Baum, Allan, Ottinger, etc) [/url]
I actually had agreed on a trade that would have sent Goot to Vegas in exchange for the 5th pick, which we were going to complete after the draft. I actually made the pick for Vegas to take Baum at 5, but after the decision to move to FBB, Adam and I decided there were too many unknowns with the new sim so we decided not to go forward with the trade. I ended up keeping Goot and winning a championship and now Adam has one of the better players in the league. I think it worked out fine for both of us. Granted, I would love to have Baum now.

American division winners basically decided (Tritons/Pioneers). Who wins the Nat East and Nat West?
Huskies will take the East. Now that we have Marble back and a better backup for him, I think we'll win the West.

American Conference winner
I'll pick a surprise winner here and say the Dragoons.

National Conference winner
The Huskies should win. They have the most talent, but I could see them being upset by the Knights, Sharks (with Bahena back) and possibly us.

Heikkinen Cup winner
Huskies

MVP
Flowers

Defensive MVP
Lysne

Your team's rival/nemesis
SheDogs. We're always battling for the divison and our head-to-head regular season record is almost split with them. We have owned them in the playoffs though.

I love the league because...
I love sports and simulations. This is the best of both worlds.
Nick Simpson
Arizona Thunderbirds GM
njsimpson15@gmail.com
nick-tbirdsgm

Postby Dom-SunkingsGM » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:42 am

Jason - Buzzards GM wrote:when we pulverize you

Dominik Jenewein, PhD in fighting for the #8 playoff spot and miss it
St. Louis Sun Kings GM
Dom-SunkingsGM

Postby Jeramy - Sharks » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:16 pm

Tritons will...

Win it all. I see a tough series in the Amcon Finals, but Tritons look legit.

Surprise team so far
Marauders have been a pleasant surprise for the first half.

Surprise player so far

Ross Hanner quietly putting up efficient numbers on a struggling Snipers team. Andrew Jackson flirting with purple potential as well. (according to league scouts)

Based on pre-season talk, I have to be on this list. Even before Bahena got hurt, we struggled a bit to score efficiently.

Leif Buyer. He was a scoring monster and I am shocked getting all those looks on a rebuilding Amercans team has not been more fruitful for him.

Flowers. That kind of inside force is pretty rare.

Past 3 top picks, Severin Sauter vs Timothy Adler vs Hobert Frisby, who do you want?

1. Frisby 2. Adler 3. Sauter.

How about that 2017 Draft Class (Crumley, Flowers, Dong, Baum, Allan, Ottinger, etc) [/url]

Before my time here, but it will be curious to compare that class with any FBB generated ones moving forward.

American division winners basically decided (Tritons/Pioneers). Who wins the Nat East and Nat West?

I will say Huskies and Thunderbirds. Huskies are so dang consistent and I think Nick wants it more than the Shedogs.

Tritons

Knights. Jian finds a way to advance imo.

Heikkinen Cup winner

Tritons

MVP

Flowers

Defensive MVP

Louis Lysne

Im still a bit too new to have a deep seeded rivalry. Though beating the SheDogs and Thunderbirds.

How competitive it is. We have a few that check out, but for the most part, it is quite the dedicated and competitive group.
Jeramy - Sharks

Postby Robert Sheppard » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:35 pm

Tritons will...
Win the Cup

Surprise team so far
Dragoons competing for 3rd place in the AM Con. I thought they would be a playoff team but I thought they would be in the bottom half of the bracket come playoff time.

Surprise player so far
Stanley Bobo, I did not think he would good right out the gate.

Stallions... I thought we would be in the fight for the 8th seed. Instead we are back to Lottery hell. At least the fans are showing up and paying.

Spoo... looks like QB is taking shots from him now and his age might be showing.

Flowers, I like PFs who do everything.

Timothy Adler, had he fallen to 3rd he would be wearing a Stallions jersey.

+Nichol and Mitchell... and when I look at FAs I want to target the draft class is basically my list.

SheDogs from Retz ghosting and the sim loving him. Huskies get it done behind Flowers.

Huskies

Tritons

Heikkinen Cup winner
Tritons

MVP
Flowers

Defensive MVP
L-Train

Apparently Steve is pissed that Long wanted to be on a losing team so that has been a thing.

I love staying up until Eric finally pushes that file out and updates the website. Reading the shenanigans on the forums always make my day better at work. My first experience with anything like this so I don't have another league to compare it to. I really enjoy the competition and talk over strategy.
Robert Sheppard

Postby Steve - Marauders GM » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:39 am

Tritons will...
At least get to the conference finals.

Surprise team so far
Invaders get this for me. Going very well so far

Surprise player so far
Im gonna have to go with my own Ervin Holmes here. 7.6 points, 11.3 rebounds, 3.3 blocks, shooting .537% is great for a 23 year old.

Stallions. Most of us had the Stallions moving up at the start of the season. Probably gone backwards

Ronald Long. Gone backwards. In a team without Alejandro Craft and Andrew Bordo you would think Ronald Long would rebound and score more. Will be remembered for his 2019 season for making the second round and a single all-star appearance, both in Marauders jersey.

Flowers > Val > Dong. All great players but Dong is at that wierd height where he's not quite a PF but a strange SF. Flowers and Val are legit stars

I like Adlers numbers but his stamina is a problem. Frisby is good but i dont think he will be a star and Sauter is handy. I'd take Adler

How about that 2017 Draft Class (Crumley, Flowers, Dong, Baum, Allan, Ottinger, etc)
Fantastic draft class. All come before Sauter, Adler and Frisby by a long way.

Marauders/Huskies

Pioneers

Buzzards

Heikkinen Cup winner
Pioneers

MVP
Flowers

Defensive MVP
Louis Lysne

Most hated - Cant stand the Stallions! I simply cannot stand them (not their GM)
Nemesis - I hate to say it but we never seem to beat the Buzztards
Rival - I see the TBirds as our rival. Good team, in the mix and knocked us out narrowly last year in the 2nd round.

Good community, competitive, emotional
Steve - Marauders GM

Postby Reid - Invaders GM » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:57 am

Dom-SunkingsGM wrote:
Oh I love rivalries. I tried to stir up things a bit with the Invaders,

Dont worry Dom, you aren't the first to try and get squashed. And I hope you aren't the last. =)
Matthew Reid
Indiana Invaders GM

"Reid, I don't know why they hate us... it is our ladies? or cause we drive Mercedes?" - Matt Hatfield
"transactions during the All-Star break?"
"nooooo not butterfield"
[QUOTE=]I am just glad my wife doesn't follow the Knights and their performance because she would have left me too." [QUOTE=Bogart]
Reid - Invaders GM

Previous

Return to OBWL Talk