MLE

Ask questions about the league, JSB, strategy, etc.

Re: MLE

Postby Jason - Buzzards GM » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:35 pm

Eric - Archers GM wrote:
Jason - Buzzards GM wrote:Let's keep that contract at -40 for the whole season, okay?

You wish. :D

Between Octavio and L-Train, your son is probably going to be a teenager before you see space under the cap again! :lol:

Hahaha! I can't imagine really ever being under the cap. As you've mentioned before building up the ability to have 85-95 million in salary exposure takes work, and the ability to support and maintain that adds a tremendous amount of flexibility to the franchise like taking back bad contracts, etc...
Jason J. Warnke
Boston Buzzards GM

Warnke Era: 493-307 (.616) - through 2020
National East Division Champion: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019
2016 OBWL Championship Appearance
50+ Win Seasons: 6

Lonny Ups for MVP
...of the D-League
Jason - Buzzards GM

Re: MLE

Postby Eric - Archers GM » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:59 pm

Jason - Buzzards GM wrote:Hahaha! I can't imagine really ever being under the cap. As you've mentioned before building up the ability to have 85-95 million in salary exposure takes work, and the ability to support and maintain that adds a tremendous amount of flexibility to the franchise like taking back bad contracts, etc...

Yeah, it took a confluence of events to get me 10 mil under the cap. Usually, markets like ours traffic in larger contracts so it's just hard to get to a place where you can consistently be under unless you just use one year contracts over and over.
Eric Stelle
Anaheim Archers GM

---------------------------
"A) Do good work.
B) Follow the prescribed guidelines.
C) ???
D) Profit!"

-Ben Johnson
Eric - Archers GM

Previous

Return to Help / Questions