The LON / HON / KC Trade

Here there be monsters... be civil, or be banned. Period.

Who “wins” this trade?

Inferno win
1
10%
Knights win
3
30%
Pioneers win
1
10%
Even
5
50%
 
Total votes : 10

The LON / HON / KC Trade

Postby Ben - Pioneers GM » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:55 am

LONDON GETS

SG Colby Allan (from KC)
C Tony Jimenez (from KC)

HONOLULU GETS

PG Darell Edwards (from KC)
Kansas City 2025 1st
Kansas City 2026 1st
London 2025 1st
London 2026 1st

KANSAS CITY GETS

C Richard Hardee (from HON)
SF Mack Lavoie (from LON)
PG Nelson Jones (from HON)
Ben Johnson
Kansas City Pioneers GM

OBWL GM of the Year (2017)
GM Choice Executive of The Year (2013, 2014)
12-time Division Champion (2011-2015, 2017-2022, 2024)
6-time Conference Champion (2011, 2012, 2014, 2017, 2018, 2021)
3-time Heikkinen Cup Winner (2011, 2012, 2021)


Regular Season: 900-220 (.804)
Playoffs: 156-95 (.622)
User avatar
Ben - Pioneers GM
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4147
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:28 am

Re: The LON / HON / KC Trade

Postby Jay » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:13 am

I don't really dislike this trade for anybody involved. I get where each GM is coming from, and why they made the moves they did. That said, I think the Knights are the biggest winners in this trade by far. Picking up one of the league's best players for a role player on the wings and a couple first round picks that are almost certain to be in the bottom few now is an absolute windfall for them. I love what they did here.
Jay Amado
Philadelphia Americans GM

"'"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." - Wayne Gretzky' - Michael Scott" - Jay Amado
User avatar
Jay
 
Posts: 1704
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 12:11 am
Location: Berkeley, CA

Re: The LON / HON / KC Trade

Postby Jason - Buzzards GM » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:43 am

I love how Honolulu has gone all in on building through the draft. Four more picks and Edwards for Hardee, no matter where those picks land, will help in his endeavor.

As Jay said, I don’t dislike the deal for anyone. I just like it more for Honolulu and London. Ben always has a plan, and will come out successful as well (great recap article, btw).
Jason J. Warnke
Boston Buzzards GM

Warnke Era: 539-341 (.613) - through 2021
National East Division Champion: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019
2016 OBWL Championship Appearance
50+ Win Seasons: 6

OBWL David Watts = OBA Duncan Waghorn
all-time favorite
User avatar
Jason - Buzzards GM
 
Posts: 4905
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:18 am
Location: Connecticut

Re: The LON / HON / KC Trade

Postby Eric - Archers GM » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:44 am

I like it for Jian. He's really strong this season presuming things hold together in camp. There is definately not enough ball there though so somebody's average is gonna pay.

I like it for Ben. Hardee is quite possibly the best player at his position and SG SupriseFace is much more than a role player.

I don't like it for Sascha. I get paying lip service to rebuilding but this is literally trading a dollar bill for about 10 nickles. In no universe do Ben and Jian lay eggs in the seasons where they traded picks so you're picking... ehhh, 23 plus? I know the hope is Long Foote or Lynwood Jamison but the reality is Maximo Wilhite or Benton Leal. As for the other parts... as if Sascha was going to use Edwards. He was trading him before he even started looking for a place to stay in Honolulu. That was just a salary throw in.

I get wanting to build through the draft but they've been building through the draft. Lest we forget, Troy Benson (#5 2019), Forrest Valentine (#14 2019), Michael Weathersby (#3 2020), Joey Short (#24 2020), Aaron Baum (#4 2021), Darin Tsai (#10 2021), Aaron Todd (#23 2021), Udo Bach (#11 2022), Mark Cowley (#18 2023), and finally Kelvin Corr (#9 2024), Forrest Vasquez (#12 2024), and Luiis Wendling (#26 2024). Those are just their own picks. They've had other players come up from nothing only to then get flipped into more picks in a perpetual draft machine. I'm not here to dog on his fun... maybe he likes drafting more than the other 90% of the league which is fine I suppose but I'm just salty because I had hopes that the Inferno would make waves after their 513 season. Looks like a step in the other direction.

On the positive side, I have renewed faith in the value of my first round picks. They had been all but worthless to me in negotiations based on feedback I've had in past season... this gives me hope.
Eric Stelle
Anaheim Archers GM

---------------------------
"A) Do good work.
B) Follow the prescribed guidelines.
C) ???
D) Profit!"

-Ben Johnson
User avatar
Eric - Archers GM
 
Posts: 8675
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:38 pm
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: The LON / HON / KC Trade

Postby Sascha - Inferno GM » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:20 am

You are right Eric. I was on the way and basicly set with my team. But last season showed me that I know shit about this sim and will never be able to compete with the guys that know what they are doing anyway. So I decided I will trade all none Inferno drafted guys and just keep the ones I drafted. This is what I will do go forward. Having fun with the guys I drafted, see where they end up, win as much as i can. That is it.

I am not a game planer and will never be. So before I get pissed again about a team that underpreforms (at least in my opinion) I rather have fun.
Sascha Zerwas
GM Honolulu Inferno
User avatar
Sascha - Inferno GM
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:31 pm
Location: Germany

Re: The LON / HON / KC Trade

Postby Gerry Blackjacks_GM » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:32 am

Sascha - Inferno GM wrote:You are right Eric. I was on the way and basicly set with my team. But last season showed me that I know shit about this sim and will never be able to compete with the guys that know what they are doing anyway. So I decided I will trade all none Inferno drafted guys and just keep the ones I drafted. This is what I will do go forward. Having fun with the guys I drafted, see where they end up, win as much as i can. That is it.

I am not a game planer and will never be. So before I get pissed again about a team that underpreforms (at least in my opinion) I rather have fun.


Amen
Gerry Tessier
Las Vegas Blackjacks GM
Proud Member OBWL
User avatar
Gerry Blackjacks_GM
 
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 4:36 am
Location: Northern Ontario, Canada

Re: The LON / HON / KC Trade

Postby Eric - Archers GM » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:44 am

Gerry Blackjacks_GM wrote:
Sascha - Inferno GM wrote:You are right Eric. I was on the way and basicly set with my team. But last season showed me that I know shit about this sim and will never be able to compete with the guys that know what they are doing anyway. So I decided I will trade all none Inferno drafted guys and just keep the ones I drafted. This is what I will do go forward. Having fun with the guys I drafted, see where they end up, win as much as i can. That is it.

I am not a game planer and will never be. So before I get pissed again about a team that underpreforms (at least in my opinion) I rather have fun.


Amen


And yet I don't see questions about "what does X or Y mean" or "how can I do Z"...

... my point is that we all learn. Before we could read or write, somebody taught us. Before trying to write poetry, somebody taught us about rhymes. Finally, some are just poetic but that does not make what you write useless or not worth the endeavor if you want to express yourself.
Eric Stelle
Anaheim Archers GM

---------------------------
"A) Do good work.
B) Follow the prescribed guidelines.
C) ???
D) Profit!"

-Ben Johnson
User avatar
Eric - Archers GM
 
Posts: 8675
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:38 pm
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: The LON / HON / KC Trade

Postby Jian - Knights GM » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:46 pm

I'm a huge fan of Colby..going all the way back to when there was the Summer League for Rookies and he was on our team. That said the reason we did this trade was we needed insurance for Crumley. It was going to be a challenge with us being capped out to get someone in free agency. The fact that Colby can play next to him is an added bonus. In my opinion Lavoie is a top SF/SG. He didn't put up eye popping numbers but he was the 3rd option on the team. His real value is that you can play him at SF/SG. At SF he's too quick, at SG he's too big. He's efficient and can defend on the perimeter and in the post. You dont find many of those guys in the league. He's a big reason why we were top 5 in perimeter defense the past few years

I really like what Ben is doing with his team. He's going bigger and more physical while everyone's going small. I dont think he's going to miss Colby's scoring at all with Marble likely stepping into the lead role. Marble put up some big numbers in Arizona and he's going to do it again in Kansas City. KC's perimeter defense got a massive upgrade and I think Pioneers take the division and come of the conference.
Jian
London Knights GM
User avatar
Jian - Knights GM
 
Posts: 533
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 5:08 am

Re: The LON / HON / KC Trade

Postby Gerry Blackjacks_GM » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:51 am

Eric - Archers GM wrote:
Gerry Blackjacks_GM wrote:
Sascha - Inferno GM wrote:You are right Eric. I was on the way and basicly set with my team. But last season showed me that I know shit about this sim and will never be able to compete with the guys that know what they are doing anyway. So I decided I will trade all none Inferno drafted guys and just keep the ones I drafted. This is what I will do go forward. Having fun with the guys I drafted, see where they end up, win as much as i can. That is it.

I am not a game planer and will never be. So before I get pissed again about a team that underpreforms (at least in my opinion) I rather have fun.


Amen


And yet I don't see questions about "what does X or Y mean" or "how can I do Z"...

... my point is that we all learn. Before we could read or write, somebody taught us. Before trying to write poetry, somebody taught us about rhymes. Finally, some are just poetic but that does not make what you write useless or not worth the endeavor if you want to express yourself.


you and Ben have been very helpful I learn much each year ... trouble is they are mistakes I learn by haha
Gerry Tessier
Las Vegas Blackjacks GM
Proud Member OBWL
User avatar
Gerry Blackjacks_GM
 
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 4:36 am
Location: Northern Ontario, Canada


Return to Trade-O-Meter

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron

x